Data protection policy
Data controller and contact information
This policy applies to the processing (use) of any personal data carried out by the company ATET d.o.o. (data controller) or on behalf of the data controller.
Information about the data controller:
- ATET d.o.o.
- Devova ulica 6a
- 1000 Ljubljana
- Identification number: 5967155000
- Phone: 01 / 320-82-30
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data do we process
- Basic contact information (name, phone number, email address, company/organization name);
- Basic contact information (name, phone number, email address, company/organization name);
- Data about the use of our websites (clicks on links, time spent) and data about response to our emails (whether the message was opened, which links were clicked);
- Data necessary to fulfill a rental agreement and issue a vehicle (data about a valid driving license, data about a valid personal document, data about a bank/credit card, purchased item, price, delivery address, delivery time, payment method, payment date, data about complaints, data about the issued invoice, other data necessary to establish a specific contractual relationship).
Legal bases for processing personal data
We may process your personal data on the following legal bases:
- When processing is necessary to fulfill the laws and legal obligations of ATET d.o.o. (e.g. issuing an invoice for purchased service/goods, keeping accounting records, sending data to a competent authority if a criminal offense/vehicle damage has been committed, etc.); In this case, ATET d.o.o. undertakes to process data in accordance with certain legal and regulatory requirements.
- When processing your personal data is necessary for the protection of your vital interests;
- When processing your personal data is necessary for the conclusion and fulfillment of a contract that you have entered into with us or because you have requested an offer from us;
- When you have given consent for processing your personal data for a specific purpose, and you always have the right to withdraw your consent; When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data (e.g. sending an email in case you left the purchasing process on our website without completing the purchase).
Purposes of processing personal data
We may use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- communicating with you regarding the provision of our services and responding to your inquiries;
- for the performance of a contract in which you are a customer, and for taking action at your request before concluding the contract (e.g. inquiry, reservation, rental of a vehicle, issuance);
- for a purpose that has been expressly approved in advance and personal consent has been obtained - marketing communication, advertising new services/products, checking satisfaction with the service (sending emails);
- to assert any legal claims and resolve disputes; for statistical analysis of sales of our goods and the use of our websites;
- for statistical analysis of sales of our goods and the use of our websites
How long we keep your personal data and what happens to them afterwards
The period of data storage depends on the type/category of data; the purpose for which they are given or collected, as well as the laws or legal obligations that are subject to ATET d.o.o.
Personal data is stored for as long as required by law or as long as necessary to perform the required service/job or purpose for which the data was approved, unless the law provides otherwise (e.g. in connection with ongoing disputes).
Data obtained in accordance with the law and legal obligations of ATET d.o.o. are stored for the period prescribed by applicable laws and regulations.
- Documentation and data on issued invoices are kept for 10 years from the date of issuance.
- Basic personal data is kept for a longer period as long as you have the status of our registered user on our websites.
- Personal data processed on the basis of your consent is kept permanently or until you withdraw your consent.
After the expiration of the storage period, personal data is effectively deleted or anonymized, which means that it is processed in such a way that it can no longer be linked to you or attributed to you.
Use of the website
You can view our website anonymously, as no data that would enable your identification as an individual is collected. Sending your personal data is also not a condition for using the website.
During the use of the website, we may store data for various security reasons. Such data may include:
- name of internet provider
name of the website/link through which you accessed our website
subpages visited on our website
The recorded data is not used to identify individuals nor is it used for that purpose. The above-mentioned data is occasionally used for the purpose of measuring statistical data, but the anonymity of each user is guaranteed, and identification is not possible.
Voluntariness of data provision and consequences of non-provision
The provision of personal data is voluntary. You are not obligated to provide us with your personal data, but if you do not provide them, you cannot enter into a rental agreement with us (applies to personal data necessary for the execution and needs of the vehicle rental).
ATET d.o.o. may also ask for consent to process data that are not necessary for the rental agreement or legally required. You are not obligated to give your consent for such data processing, but they are available to you free of charge. It is also possible to stop the processing of data for such purposes at any time (e.g. marketing communication and activities, advertising new products/services, satisfaction surveys, etc.).
All requests for permission must be submitted in a way that distinguishes them from other inquiries, in a clear and accessible manner, and in clear and simple language.
Who has access to your personal data?
We do not disclose or allow third parties (outside of ATET d.o.o.) to access your personal data except for those who have a written agreement with us to carry out specific tasks related to data processing and who are required to comply with legislation on data processing and protection (known as processors).
The processors to whom we disclose personal data are:
- Marketing service providers;
- Email service providers;
- Programming solution providers.
- Processors may only process personal data within the framework of our instructions and may not process personal data for their own purposes. They are obligated, together with their employees, to protect the confidentiality of your personal data. Processors do not transfer personal data to third countries (outside the European Economic Area countries, which include EU member states, Iceland, Norway, and Liechtenstein).
Your data may be provided to third parties:
- If required by law or in response to legal proceedings or requests from law enforcement agencies regarding administrative, criminal, or judicial offenses;
- To protect our rights, privacy, security, or property and the public;
- For administrative or technical support (e.g. for our accountants) or for other business purposes to facilitate transactions (e.g. renting a vehicle through one of our partners, assistance through our partners, etc.):
- For analysis of our data, provision of mobile analytic services, or maintenance and improvement of our services (depending on confidentiality agreements, where appropriate);
- To seek appropriate legal remedies and limit potential damage to us;
- To enforce contract terms or business relationships;
- Processing transactions with our subsidiaries or intermediaries and agencies through which our services are used;
- In other cases with personal consent. In case of data sharing with third parties, ATET d.o.o. ensures that the personal data provided is used exclusively for the authorized purpose and commits the business partner to protect and keep personal data confidential.
What rights do you have regarding personal data, how can you withdraw your consent for processing, and what are the consequences of withdrawal?
At any time, an individual can request or have the right to:
- Confirmation of whether we process your personal data.
- Access to personal data and the following information: purposes of the processing; types of personal data; recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations; the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period.
- One (free) copy of the personal data in the form you specify (if the request is made by electronic means of communication and unless you request otherwise, the copy shall be provided in electronic form); for any additional copies requested, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Rectification of inaccurate personal data.
- Restriction of processing where:you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
-the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
-we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Erasure of all personal data (right to be forgotten), if the conditions of the General Data Protection Regulation are met, in particular, if you withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data.
- The right to receive personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- Cease using personal data for direct marketing purposes or withdrawing consent for the use of data for such purposes (sending e-mails).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (The Slovenian Information Commissioner) regarding the processing of personal data.
Procedure for asserting rights
You can address your requests regarding the assertion of rights related to personal data in writing to any contact listed at the top of this document under the Personal Data Controller and contact information.
For the purposes of reliable identification in the event of asserting rights related to personal data, we may request additional information from you, and we can only reject your request if we can prove that we cannot reliably identify you. Upon your request to assert your rights related to personal data, we must respond without undue delay and no later than one month from receipt of your request.
Security of personal data on the website
The website of ATET d.o.o. (www.atet.si) protects your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Data on computer servers are stored in a controlled secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
The website www.atet.si uses so-called "cookies" - text files that the web user server uses on the user's computer. The files are created when a visitor loads a target network on a user device, then sends data to the browser and creates a text file (cookie). The browser obtains and sends the file to the target network server (sites, pages) when the user returns to it.
Cookies are used for all website functions and for a better user experience. Cookies can be temporary (stored only when visiting web pages) or permanent (remain on the user's computer even after visiting the website).
Third-party cookies www.atet.si are used to obtain statistical data on the visit and use of our websites. Collected data includes the user's IP address, browser information, operating system information, and other standard data collected and analyzed exclusively in an anonymous and mass format. The website www.atet.si does not contain cookies that allow you to run programs or set up a virus on your computer.
The pages www.atet.si provide statistics from Google Analytics and search for cookies from other manufacturers in the Google Analytics service. Data on how users use our website may occasionally be collected with other statistical measurement tools.
Any changes to our personal data protection policy will be posted on this website.